Friday, September 24, 2010

Authenticity

I think that the limits for expressing authenticity for teachers are basically telling them things about you to connect with them. You don't exactly have to go in depth about your life, but you should show your authenticity by telling them things about you so that you can connect with them. I think that students can tell a teacher is being not authentic by not showing their students a "real" side of them. Like if they don't mention anything about themselves to the class such as talking about family members. I think that it makes it harder to connect with the teacher. I always felt it was easier to learn in a classroom where I felt comfortable with the teacher, like I had a connection with them. I think that's how authenticity is shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment