Sunday, September 19, 2010

Compassion

My choir teacher in high school, Mrs. Enwright was by far the most compassionate teacher I have ever had. My junior year of high school her brother had killed himself. The week later we dedicated one of our songs to him. Mrs. Enwright made a point to each choir that she was there for each and every student if they were feeling depressed or stressed about anything. I didn't necessarily think of her as a teacher sometimes just because she always talked at a students level like she would act more as a friend. She made a difference in my life and also one of my best friends life just basically for being there for each of us when we needed someone to talk to. My friend, Susie, her mom died in march last year and a group of us sang the song that we dedicated to Mrs. Enwright's brother after he died. Mrs. Enwright showed up to the memorial and was there for all of us, especially Susie. It really showed her compassion for each student.

No comments:

Post a Comment